Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tracts still work!

by Kevin Butler

Below is an excerpt from the May Sabbath Recorder's Women's Page by Susan Bond. I know it's more than a month away, but I felt I should share it now. Thanks for the good news, Susie!


Coloring my day yesterday was my first use of the recently published salvation tract "Do You Really Know the Facts of Life?" (See SR, October 2008). Its spring-y cover dotted with red birds and yellow bees invites the unsuspecting recipient to at least open it.

That's a good start. Only, my intended receiver opened to page four, and his wife and I had to re-direct him to page one. Lying on the hard hospital table, awaiting doctor's orders about having his heart stopped and then shocked, my friend read through the whole tract. Then, instead of giving it back to me, he handed it to his wife, telling her to put it in his bag of clothes. I take this as a very positive sign.

Using the same tract, my husband led another friend to the Lord. Totally God's timing, that friend had asked Rich to lead him to Christ on the very day that this tract had arrived in the mail from our son Keith.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home