Thursday, April 01, 2010

April Foolishness

by Kevin Butler

Happy April Fool's Day!
I did a search on April Fool's devotionals and found some good ones. Here's how today's entry ends from the on-line ministry Laced with Grace:

Sweet friend, God wants to pour out His wisdom on us (James 1). He doesn’t want us to be foolish, but wise. He wants to lead us in the way of wisdom. God wants us to search for His Wisdom, His ways... trusting Him. He wants us to be surrendered to HIS WAY. He wants our hearts to be soft and pliable... teachable. And, oh the pain I could have spared myself if I just would have ASKED God and followed Him, instead of foolishly going my own way.

Father God, I love You! Thank You that You so generously pour out Your Wisdom on me. Thank You that You “give Wisdom to anyone who asks and that You give it generously.” Lord, I see that the “fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.” Lord, grow in me the “fear of the Lord!” Lord, make my heart soft and teachable... pliable. Lord, give me such a DESIRE for Your Wisdom! Father, I confess the foolishness of my heart! And, God, I thank You for Your forgiveness for the times when I have been so foolish. Your grace is amazing. I love You, Lord! In Jesus’ Name we pray. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home