Friday, January 29, 2010

February SR feedback

by Kevin Butler
The February Sabbath Recorder (posted on-line) about "Careers" has already received some good reviews.
Here's a note from Pastor Bill Burks in Texas:

Brother Kevin,

I just wanted to send a note to tell you how much I enjoyed the last "Pearls" article. It was a privilege to know Don Sanford [pictured]. He and Ilou will hold fond memories throughout the rest of my life.


Don had a sharp wit and a keen eye. He knew of my interest in history and theology and helped my library to grow. He and Ilou provided a place for me to stay, and many hours of conversation on my trips to Janesville/Milton over the years.

Don once let me wear his Alfred graduation cap and gown when I spoke to a group of graduates from Church Planters school; that will always be a treasured memory.

Don's "Pearls" column was the first thing I would read when I got my SR. I will miss it greatly. Don was a man I always respected, even when we viewed a topic differently. He added to my knowledge, challenged me, and inspired me.

The last "Pearls" for me is sad, but a fond farewell to a good friend and mentor.

In His Service,
Bill Burks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home