Monday, November 17, 2008

It's Not My Fault

by Gordon P. Lawton

Last February while out of town for the meetings of the Council on Ministry, Coordinating Leadership Team and the General Council, southern Wisconsin received a lot of snow. Thanks to friends Linda was able to get in and out of the drive and have the sidewalk clear.

Yesterday friends were saying that they were glad I was back from my recent traveling (away 5 of last 6 Sabbaths: 10/11 Battle Creek for North Central Association; 10/18 Allegheny Association in Alfred, NY and the recognition of previous ordination for Tim Bancroft; 10/25 Toronto, ON; 11/1 home in Milton; 11/8 South Atlantic Association and ordination council for Pastor John Pethtel; and 11/15 Lincoln, NE for CPR orientation) because, as they stated, when I am home it does not snow. But when I'm away ....

Now, at the end of a beautiful warm fall we are beginning to get snow. Yes that is snow in the air not fog. (Click on the picture to get a close up view). Today we did get a dusting that came quickly, and it's not my fault. I am at home and we were blessed with snow anyway. As we are continually reminded, God is in control.

P.S. for friends in the South Atlantic Association who were commenting about the cold there south of Atlanta a couple of week-ends ago: It was 25 degrees (f) this morning and there was ice in the rain gutters on the house when I cleaned them out yesterday just before noon.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home